- posted by : The Poo Pros
- Comments Off on 10 Signs & Symptoms: Monitoring Your Pets Health Through Pet Waste
10 Signs & Symptoms: Monitoring Your Pets Health Through Pet Waste
This article contains the 10 signs and symptoms of dogs and cats that should never be overlooked. It’s important to monitor our pets health and doing so via pet waste gives an opportunity to see detect warning signs in color, size, shape and texture. Sometimes it’s the little things that can get our pets down. Rapidly changing their diet, if we move and put them into a new environment, or even excessive noise. However, barring those more common changes, the signs and symptoms can be subtle and shed light into more dangerous and serious health issues.
Signs & Symptoms (DOGS)
- Drinking more than usual
- Rough cough, harsh barking
- Diarrhea found in multiple stools
- Pain in joints and showing signs of tiredness
- Vomiting, not being able to keep down foods
- Lack of appetite, refusal to play
- Gum discoloration & bad breath
- Lack of appetite
- Excessive urination
- Change in behavior, such as refusal to come when called
Signs & Symptoms (CATS)
- Antisocial behavior, hiding
- Excessive shedding (more than normal)
- Abnormal growths on body, lumps, bruises
- Coughing or wheezing, excessive sneezing
- Lack of energy, laying around more than normal
- Eye and nose discharge, goopy, sticky
- Swollen gums or discoloration
- Increased thirst
- Weight loss or gain, barring diet changes
- Constipation or worms in stool
Early Warning Signs
The biggest factors that we look for when can be found below:
- If your dogs stool has any signs of blood or blood clots we consider that a sign of a serious health problem and one that should require immediate attention.
- Watery or liquid like poop can be a sign of stress or viral infection.
- Black tarry poop indicates the possible presence of blood in your dogs digestive track.
- Poop that is partially soft and firm at the same time signifies small bowel diarrhea.
For more information pertaining to your dogs stool and the early warning signs that can be detected through their waste, please refer to our more extensive article: Warning Signs: The Good & The Bad of Dog Poop
Early warning signs sometimes make appearances in our pets stool. The Poo Pros provides pet waste management services to all of Northern Ohio and while doing so they also make note of any dangerous or awkward stools that they have collected. If you are worried about the health of your dog or cat, please refer to another article we previously ran which gives specific information what to look for in your pets stool… Alternatively, if you have a serious medical concern, we urge you to call your local veterinarian immediately. In addition, if you would like to utilize our services, please feel free to give us a call at 216-208-POOP or use our free online quote feature here.